Friday 18 June 2010

Oil Spill

I still can't believe that in this day and age that the oil is still gushing out at a horrific rate. The effects on the environment and people's jobs etc could be permanently damaged.

I know accidents can happen, but this isn't some spilt milk here and seeking compensation just won't clear up the ocean nor retract the damage already done!

I was watching some of the interview yesterday with the BP CEO and I know the man is in a difficult situation, but when you are in charge of something so massively important, there should always be back up plans already in place - risk assessments are carried out in normal offices on a day to day basis, were they in place here? Doesn't look like it!

I need to read more into it, but it still doesn't change the fact that as I type it's still spewing oil out and it's not looking like it's going to be stopped for at least another month!!

http://www.myworldwebcams.com/usa/louisiana/oil_spill.html

No comments:

Post a Comment